The ground is level at the foot of the cross....recovering addict rescued by the saving grace of Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ!

Sunday, June 18, 2006

World Cup Fever

Outside the window of my house are huge crowds of World Cup soccer fans. I can hear the shouting and cheering from people at the bars (there was even a guy passed out in front of the neighbor's house this morning) and the occasional celebratory fire in response to Ghana's victory of the Czech, keeping the true American dream alive!!!! If the US can beat those dirty Italians today and Ghana on Thursday AND Czech and Italy tie then there's a chance that the US could make it into the next round!

Of course, there's no crowds outside my window and the bars are silent, but there was a guy passed out on the neighbor's steps and I'm still rooting for the US and South Korea. The South Korean soccer jersey and "Be the Reds" t-shirts are out in force right now.

Also, I changed my blog layout again for all the nay sayers out there. Eventually, I'll get around to making my own custom layout instead of using pre-made templates, but that'll be another day.

Earlier this week one of our friends had her wallet and phone stolen from her car....WHILE PARKED IN OUR DRIVEWAY!!!!! They found the wallet down the road and the theif made a few phone calls right after stealing the phone. That tears out, I'm buying a watch dog. I'm not sure if it's going to be a weiner dog or a Chihuaha, but either way, it's going to be intense.

Between the thieves and the drunks, World Cup fever just MIGHT be striking.


























The US (blue) going for a backwards flip-kick into a goal against the fiendish Czechs last Monday. Final score - 3 (Czech) to ZERO (US)...........

0 comments: